Last Updated: 21/9/2022
Financial and transaction information: when you make a purchase via the Services either directly from us, or via the App marketplace, we collect information on your purchase history. We use third party payment processors to process your payment this will take information such as credit card or bank account numbers you provide in connection with a transaction. These third parties process your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Personal information we collect
Personal information you provide:
- Contact and account information: when you create an account with us, we collect information such as your password, name, username, email address, and, should you choose to provide it, your avatar, gender, age, and favorite football team. We also create a unique wallet address for you.
- Feedback or correspondence: when you contact us with questions, feedback, product reviews, or otherwise correspond with us online, we collect information including your full name, email address, telephone number and the content of your communications.
Information we obtain from other sources:
We obtain personal information, where permitted by applicable laws, from the third parties below:
- FIFA. We receive personal information from FIFA when you sign up to the App through FIFA, including your account details and authentication information.
- Authentication services. We may supplement the personal information we collect directly with information collected from third parties, such as contact and account information, to verify your credentials and authenticate your account, including information from third-party verification services.
- Social media. We may receive information, such as your public profile data, from social media companies if you communicate with us using social media channels, such as Discord.
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system, manufacturer and model, browser type, IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity and usage data: When you access and use the Services, we receive and store information about such interactions such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, browsing history, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
How we use your personal information
We use the personal information collected above for the following purposes:
- To support the Services, and to improve, customize, monitor usage of and to protect the Services and AlgoFan, provided these legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms, including:
- responding to your requests, providing customer support, contacting you in case of any issue with your account, and sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- protecting, investigating and deterring fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity in order to keep our Services safe and secure for our users, including conducting authenticating your identity, troubleshooting, testing and research;
- improving, and monitoring and analyzing trends and use of our Services, including anonymizing or aggregating personal information in a form that does not allows users to be identified;
- customizing our Services to provide you with an enhanced experience; and
- To comply with a legal obligation placed on AlgoFan, for example to keep records of transactions, to verify your identity, or as requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
How we share your personal information
We do not sell your personal information. We share personal information with the following categories of recipients:
With other users of the Services. Other users of the Services will see your profile, including username and avatar, the items you purchase, sell or display in your public showcase, and any other information you choose to make publicly available. You will also share any personal information you choose to make available as part of your communications with other users.
Service providers. We share personal information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services (such as customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, identity verification, fraud detection, payment processing, and database management).
Professional advisors. We disclose personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We share personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
Legal. We share personal information with law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, public authorities or pursuant to the exercise of legal proceedings if we are legally required to do so, or if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or request, to enforce our terms and conditions, to prevent or resolve security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property or safety of AlgoFan, users, a third party, or the public.
Business transfers. We may share personal information in connection with a corporate transaction (or potential transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
Your rights and choices
Advertising and marketing. We allow you to control the advertising and marketing you receive as follows:
- Unsubscribe from direct marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication we send you or by contacting us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below.
Online tracking opt-out. You can opt out of interest-based advertising as described in our Policy. Personal information requests. Depending on your location and the personal information processed, we also offer you choices that affect how we handle the personal information that we control. You may request the following in relation to your personal information:
- Information about how we have collected and used your personal information.
- Access to a copy of the personal information that we have hold about you. Where applicable, we will provide the information in a portable, machine-readable, readily usable format.
- Correction of personal information that is inaccurate or out of date.
- Deletion of personal information that we no longer need to provide the Services or for other lawful purposes.
- Additional rights, such as to object to and request that we restrict our use of your personal information, and where applicable, you may withdraw your consent.
To make a request, please email us as provided in the “Contact Us” section below. We may ask for specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with applicable laws. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
Limits on your choices. Your choices may be limited, such as where fulfilling your request would impair the rights of others, our ability to provide a service you have requested, or our ability to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights. If you are not satisfied with how we address your request, you may submit a complaint by contacting us as provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Complaints. If you are based in certain jurisdictions, you may lodge a complaint about how we handle your personal information with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where you believe an incident took place. .
International data transfers
Your personal information may be accessed from and transferred outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction, including Singapore and the United States.
If we transfer your personal information internationally, these countries may not provide the same protections as the data protection laws where you are based. We will ensure that relevant safeguards are in place to afford adequate protection for your personal information and we will comply with applicable data protection laws, in particular if you reside in the EEA, Switzerland or the UK by relying on an EU Commission or UK government adequacy decision, on contractual protections for the transfer of your personal information or a derogation if available. For more information about how we transfer personal information internationally, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with personal information, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
Retention of personal information
We retain personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, in accordance with our policies and with applicable laws, based on factors such as the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of personal information, and the purposes for which we use personal information. FIFA+ Collect holds onto customer verification records for a minimum of 7 years after an account is closed.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, misuse, loss, disclosure, alteration and destruction of personal information. Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed as completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information.
EEA and UK Representative Contact Information
Alternatively, we have appointed VeraSafe Ireland Ltd., at Unit 3D North Point House, North Point Business Park, New Mallow Road, Cork T23AT2P, Ireland as our EU data representative, and VeraSafe United Kingdom Ltd., at 37 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TL, United Kingdom as our UK data representative. You can contact our EU representative at the address above or alternatively using the contact form at https://verasafe.com/public-resources/contact-data-protection-representative or +420 228 881 031. You can contact our UK representative at the address above or alternatively using the contact form at https://verasafe.com/public-resources/contact-data-protection-representative or via telephone at: +44 (20) 4532 2003.